The energy flow during a home is greatly influenced by its construction and therefore the décor within the house. We look at some simple ways during which home owners can boost the positive energy in their homes
Each one folks desires to measure during a home that’s comfortable, calming and rejuvenates us. It is important to know that the energy within a house, affects the people that occupy it. “One’s environment helps in building a foundation for a healthier mind and body and Vastu Shastra offers ways to make a healthier life,” says Nitien Parmar of Vastu Plus. “If followed correctly, Vastu Shastra can help the home’s residents to become physically and mentally healthy,” Parmar adds. Here’s the way to attract positive energy at home:
The Prestige City is a futuristically designed residential project by Prestige Group. Off Sarjapur Road in Bangalore. This mega township Prestige City houses 3000 plus Apartments. 140 plus Villas. 150 plus plots. Spread on 180 acres with multiple housing block. It consists of 1, 2 and 3 BHK houses. 3 and 4 BHK villas. 30X40 and 40X 60 sites. With 12 million square feet of development. The new launch of Prestige City is among the most awaited projects.
Vastu tips for the main door
Vastu principles improve a lebensraum, consistent with the principles of harmony and energy flow. The main door of a home is the entry point for energy. “A door that opens outward pushes energy far away from home. So, have the main door opening clockwise. Opportunities may be limited, if the door does not open fully. Ensure that the lobby near the most door isn’t dark. Good lighting stimulates positive flow of energy and promotes balance and harmony within the premise. Every house should have a threshold (umbra) on the ground, at door frame. It protects the house from external negative influences,” adds Parmar.
Declutter for positive energy
One can positive energy into a house, by decluttering and cleaning the space. Clutter creates stagnant energy and impedes the flow of positive energy. Avoid keeping chipped, cracked or broken things. Clean the cabinets and drawers and clear things that are not any longer in use. Keep the house clean and make sure that there are not any cobwebs. Add few spoons of sea-salt to the water and mop the ground with it. It is believed that mopping the house with salt water, will reduce the consequences of negative vibrations.
There is a robust connection between the energy of the house and therefore the health of the occupants, maintains Rasesh H Shah, energy facilitator and Vastu expert. “Ancient architecture was all about proportions and planning the structure during a manner that it’s always in sync with the magnetic flux of the world and harmony of colours. It is most vital to commence the development at the proper moment (muhurat) and to use non-offensive building materials. Every built space has three sorts of energies – cosmic, earth and structural. To make the space positive and to make sure that each one three are consonant with one another, keep the centre of the space, which is named the Brahmasthan, free of any kind of structural violation. This will make sure that the flow of cosmic energy is balanced. Earth energy are often balanced by keeping the north-east corner lively. Structural energy are often harmonised, by ensuring that there’s no clutter within the space,” advises Shah.
Vastu remedies for common defects
- Place small portions of uncrushed sea salt, to soak up all the negative energy from the house. Also, you’ll mix a pinch of sea salt within the water that you simply use, to wash the ground.
- If you are feeling like your work is getting stuck or things aren’t happening as per your plan, keep two camphor balls or cubes reception and replace them when they shrivel up.
- If you think Vastu dosh, use wind bells with six or eight hollow rods, as this enhances good energies.
- Hang a horseshoe with the ends pointing upwards, as this is often believed to draw in and contain all the great energies passing by. The main door is a perfect spot for this.
- Hanging photos of your family within the front room can foster strong relationships and convey positivity.
According to Vastu experts, one also can attract positive vibes to reinforce the health and well-being of the occupants, by simply arranging or correcting items within the surroundings. “If the toilet is directly opposite to the kitchen, keep the door closed and use a Vastu energy partition on the door frame to separate these opposing energies and to block the negative energy,” says Parmar. “Mirrors bounce back energies. Hence, if the bed on which one sleeps, is within the line of the mirror, it’s advisable to get rid of the mirror or to hide it, for better sleep. A tulsi plant may be a must for the house, because it clears negative energy,” concludes Shah.
Décor tips for positive energy
- Fresh air and sunlight aids positive energy reception. So, make sure that you retain the home’s windows open, for a few time within the morning.
- Aquariums are like moving water and it’s auspicious, when placed towards the north-east.
- Avoid having a tree, pole or pillar facing the most door. It is called a dwar vedh (door obstacle). Similarly, avoid having dead plants near the door.
- Keep the bathroom door closed. Always keep toilet lid down, when not in use. Ensure that there are not any leaking taps reception. Use pleasant fresheners in the bathroom.
- Do not keep medicines in the kitchen.
- Switch off all electronic and Wi-Fi systems, while taking rest.
- Play soothing divine music or chanting of mantras reception, for a few time within the morning.
- Ensure that the furniture edges are not sharp. Avoid excessive use of red, black and grey in the home’s décor.
- Avoid having split levels in the floor.
- Pictures at home should always be positive. Avoid photos depicting war, loneliness, poverty, etc. To generate positive energy, display pictures of nature.
- For a relaxing effect reception, light a diya, camphor or add soothing fragrance like sandalwood.
- Do not keep trash at the doorway of your house.
- Avoid using broken cutlery.
- Dispose all those items that you haven’t been using for a long time.
- A puja room shouldn’t be made under the stairs or in the bedroom.
- Hang wind chimes or bells near the main entrance. According to Vastu Shastra, the sound of soothing music attracts prosperity and wealth at home.
- Consider having an indoor garden, where you can sit and soak in the fresh energy every morning. You can opt for bamboo or flowering plants or even a money plant, to start with.
- Avoid painting your main entrance door in black colour. Instead, opt for dark brown shades. The main door should open in a clockwise direction.
- Place all electronic appliances in the living room in the south-east direction.
- Hang paintings of a waterfall, a goldfish or a flowing river, according to Vastu, bring good luck and wealth. If you are looking for overseas career opportunities, place a painting of foreign currency, flying birds, racing bikes and cars.
- According to Vastu, clocks energise a direction. Therefore, make sure that all clocks in the house are in working condition. Remove all non-functional clocks, as it signifies delays or a stagnation in your finances. Place all clocks in the north or north-east direction
- According to Vastu, feeding birds brings wealth and positive energy. You can keep a bird feeder in your yard, terrace or balcony and fill it with water and grains. Make sure you keep these vessels clean.